ZYGOS Human Team
ZYGOS has a team led by Medical Doctor María Graña, professor at the faculty of Medicine at the University of Santiago de Compostela, sensitized with the emotional burden suffered by a couple facing an infertility problem. Involvement with the future parents is part of the success of the fertility treatments and assisted reproduction techniques we apply in Zygos. We have professional team highly qualified and specialized in different areas of Reproductive Medicine, mostly women and mothers, that thanks to their scientific
Knowledge help other people with fertility problems to live the experience of having a child.
Medical Doctor María Graña
ZYGOS is the only Centre for Assisted Reproduction in Spain that has all the treatments for male and female sterility.
The individualized study of each couple/person can diagnose the problem and apply the most appropriate treatment for each case.
Short Professional Summary
- Degree in Medicine and Surgery from the University of Santiago de Compostela.
- Doctor of Medicine and Surgery with the qualification of PASS CUM LAUDE.
- Extraordinary Doctorate Award (University of Santiago).
- Degree in Mathematics (University of Santiago).
- Professor of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Faculty of Medicine at the University of Santiago de Compostela.
- Specialist in Obstetrics and Gynaecology.
- Specialist in Human Reproduction.
- Specialist in Obstetric Gynaecological Ultrasound
- Specialist in Senology and Breast Pathology.
- Reproduction Unit of the Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau Barcelona.
- Valencia Infertility Institute (IVI) in Valencia.
- Reproductive Endocrinology Centre of Bologna (Italy)
- Member of the Spanish Society of Sterility (SEF)
- Member of the Spanish Society of Gynaecology and Obstetrics (SEGO)
- Member of the Spanish Association for the Study of Menopause (AEM)
- Member of the European Society of Sterility, Human Reproduction and Embryology (ESHRE)
- Director of the Research Group of the Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology at the University of Santiago de Compostela (UNESCO code: 3201)
- Director of several research projects funded by the Xunta de Galicia and the FISS.
- Belongs to the Genomic Medicine Research Group at the University of Santiago de Compostela.